“The best is yet to come”

How did he propose?

By the Groom:

I decided I was going to propose to Ariel when I knew for sure that I got a new career in Virginia. I had been working on getting into a career that I would do for the rest of my life and would allow me to have and support a family on my terms. It was a very exciting time in my life, a new start, a beginning to a journey that I could not go on without her by my side. I had accepted my final offer for a new Career in Virginia, and in my heart I could not ask her or her family to move across the country with me without letting her and her father know that I would take care of her for till the last of my days. My schedule was very busy with military duty and also my civilian job and I really didn’t have a lot of free time to plan how I would propose to her. Within a span of two months we had about two weeks together. During those hectic two months I spent every dime I had on a ring I felt was worthy of her that I could afford. My hectic schedule was set to cool off a bit on June 9th when I returned from military training, and would have 9 days before I had to leave for my new career. Ariel had done more for more me than I could ever put into words and I couldn’t let one more day go by without giving her my commitment. So that day I got back, I went and picked up the ring and without much time to plan it, I decided to do the proposal at a place that was very dear to me. I asked her to meet me at a lake where I had made some of the most important decisions in my life, decisions that made me the man I am. I got dressed in my best outfit, and when she came I made the best decision of my life. I ask her to marry me.

By the Bride:

On June 9th 2017, Morry was returning home from training with his unit. I hadn’t seen him for three weeks and I was very excited to reunite with him. There was a party at my former supervisor’s house, and I had planned on not going because I was so anxious to see him again. We spoke briefly at lunch time, and he said “no go ahead have fun with your friends and your coworkers, and I’ll call you this evening when I get back from the unit.” So I went! A few drinks later on the first warm, sunny day of the year, I get a call from him.“It’s a beautiful day for a walk in the park. Meet me there at 7? You know the park by our apartment with all the boats in the lake.” When I got there, I immediately knew something was off because of how nicely he was dressed. A very dapper white linen blazer with a fresh haircut. He just looked too nice for a walk in the park. He had this big cheesy grin on his face like he wanted to burst, but he was trying to hold it all in. We started walking around the lake and he begins to tell me that he always comes to this park to make big decisions in his life.  This conversation very quickly turned into rambling due to nerves, and I thought to myself, is today the day…? A few moments later, his cousin pops out from over a bridge walking very casually toward us with his camera in hand. At this point, there was no doubt in my mind what was going on. After a bit more anxious conversation, he finally got on one knee and he asked me to marry him, which I very quickly and sincerely replied yes!